Surgical lighting is a task lighting system that illuminates the surgical site at different depths of the incision and body cavities, allowing surgeons to distinguish the smallest detail from the smallest contrast objects. In recent years, with the improvement of people's environmental consciousness and the strengthening of energy constraints, as a new generation of illumination source, LED surgical light have begun to gradually replace traditional light sources in the field of surgical lighting.
The surgical lighting system typically consists of two large luminaires (or light heads) which are either multi-emitter or single-source assemblies, fixed to the suspension system, stable positioning, can do vertical or circular movement, to can meet the needs of different heights and angles in surgery. Whole light consists of multiple high-brightness white LED bulbs, several strings in one group, each group is connected in parallel and independent of the other. when one group fails, the others continued to do well, and therefore had less impact on surgery.
Surgical light is an important medical device for local illumination of the patient's body and surgical area lighting, provides the surgeon with best viewing angle and field display. Therefore, in addition to excellent shadow control, uniform illumination and good light quality are also needed, to distinguish the color difference between blood and other tissues and organs of the body. moreover, the surgical light must also be able to work continuously for long periods of time without giving off too much heat, which can cause discomfort to the operator and dry out the tissue at the site of surgery.
Previously, surgical lights were typically made with circular energy-efficient lamps or halogen lamps, but with the continuous development of light emitting diode (LED) technology, especially the development of high brightness white LED, LED surgical light completely solves the inherent defect of traditional surgical light, it's the latest upgrade product, its superiority is gradually accepted and loved by medical practitioners.
1. Excellent cold light effect: New LED cold light source for surgical lighting, which is a real cold light source with almost no temperature rise in the doctor's head and wound area.
2. Good ligit quality: White LED with features that distinguish it from normal lighting sources, It increases the color difference between blood and other tissues and organs in the body, enables clearer vision for the surgeon during surgery, the tissues and organs of the body are more recognizable in the flowing, permeable blood, this is the ordinary surgical shadowless lamp does not have.
3. Stepless brightness adjustment: Digital stepless control of LED brightness, operators can adjust the brightness according to their own adaptability, so as to achieve the ideal comfort and reduce the fatigue of the eyes for a long time.
4. No flash: Since LED surgical lights are pure dc power, there are no flash lights, no eye strain and no harmonic interference with other devices in the work area.
5. Uniform Illumination: Using special optical system, uniformly irradiated on the observed object, no false images, high resolution.
6. With the proper current and voltage, LED shadowless lamp typically have an average service life of 35,000 hours, more than 20 times longer than traditional light sources.
7. Energy saving and environmental protection: LEDs have high luminous efficiency, impact-resistant, not easy to break, no mercury pollution, and its light does not contain infrared and ultraviolet components of radiation pollution.
Considering the special requirements of medical device safety, the corresponding safety measures should be considered in every step. First of all, the operating room has very strict environmental requirements, it's very important to prevent the MCU from collapsing, so the following measures are necessary.
1. Hardware design and internal reset procedures must be handled with care;
2. The faulty interference signals must be eliminated, so the system is completely electrically isolated to prevent the interaction between the various parts of the circuit. In addition, Modbus redundancy checks is also used.
3. High-brightness white LEDs are more expensive, and to avoid damage, impact of grid and damage on the system must be ruled out. Automatic protection circuits should be used for overvoltage and overcurrent. When the voltage or current exceeds the set value by 20%, the system automatically cuts off the power supply to ensure the safety of the system circuit and high-brightness LEDs.
Article From: Shandong Xinyuchen Medical Equipment Co., Ltd.
Please fill in the following form to contact us